What can be more special and joyous than the fact that you are tying the knot with the love of your life and the day that you have been secretly looking forward to since your childhood is all set to emerge soon!
The wedding day is supposed to be one of the most special days of their lives for anyone, but unfortunately, this is not the case with many.
Every girl craves for the perfect wedding. But organising the same is not a joke. It is both emotional as well as stressful. Added to that, there are immense financial tensions, family pressure and a never-ending set of to-do lists. That is not the end, you also have to deal with the persistent urge of making the celebrations perfect.
Naturally, all these give way to despair. But in order to deal with the situation the brides should start to understand that the pre-wedding blues do not end up jinxing the wedding and it is quite a common phenomenon that most brides experience.
Secondly, you should always be kind to yourself and focus on the bigger picture and keep yourself calm thinking that everything will be fine at the end.
Here are some ways to keep your pre-marital jitters under control. Just take a look.
- Breathe and Learn to be Calm – You must learn to stay calm and lighten up. You should do whatever it takes for making yourself happy starting from having a quite time alone to enjoying your favourite ice cream. Your chirpy face is going to take away all the attention from an extended waistline if that worries you. Remember that only a poised and calm mind can resolve issues that otherwise seem impossible if you panic.
- Stay Organised – Prior to the big day, there are a plethora of things that need to be taken into account. You should start by making a list of things that must be done and this goes without saying that it will be overwhelming. You should organise the boring task with an interesting one. Not only that, you should reward yourself for any task that you have completed and also don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- Be Active – Working out is great for the mind and the body. When you burn the energy, it helps you to feel stronger, calmer and more able to deal with emotional stresses. You should try something that you enjoy on a regular basis like swimming or walking the dog. You will see the benefits in no time.
- Confide in Your Partner – Keep it in mind that this is the person who has promised to be by you in sickness and health and your mental health is not out of this league. If you are going to share a life together, you should owe it to your partner to share anything and everything under the sun. You can always trust your would-be to understand your condition, offer you superior support and love you from the core.
- Understand Your Triggers – You must understand the triggers of your wedding jitters. It can be anything starting from stress over wedding planning to dealing with the disapproving relatives, from the shocking wedding expenses to fitting into your dress perfectly. It is an arduous process, but it will help you to know the warning signs and prevent a complete breakdown. This is especially true for the 6 months countdown to your wedding.
- Think Beyond the Wedding Day – Remember that all the ceremonies and the rituals will end soon and post that life will be normal again. There will always be highs and lows in life and very soon, you will have soul-mates for sharing the moments with. So, you should rejoice rather than feeling stressed.
- Remind Yourself Why You Are Tying the Knot – Every time you start getting jittery over any of the issues related to your wedding including your appearance or anything else, just breathe and remember the fact that your partner is keen to marry you. So nothing can ruin the special day for you.
- Enjoy Every Moment – You should not let your bridal jitters stop you from enjoying one of the best days of your life. You should make the most of the phase from the engagement to the wedding. You should prepare a pre-wedding bucket list and strike off as many things as you can from the list as you can.
The above are some of the ways to fight pre-weeding depression. If the above do not work for you, just like you hire the event planning professionals to organise your weeding in a hassle-free and stress-free manner, you can also opt for pre-wedding counselling. The professionals will surely assist you to come out of your blues and make sure that you can experience your big day just the way you have always envisioned – happy and hopeful for a beautiful life ahead!